Thursday, May 16, 2013

"School in a Perfect World"

                                                                              "School in a Perfect World"
                       School in a perfect world would be something very special. Right now our school is doing an okay job at doing what I think would be a school in a perfect world. In my world school should be a place where we learn, but have a fun time learning. I am not saying that homework shouldn't be at school, but I am saying that homework could be made in a fun way. For example you could make up some sort of game to do instead of a math assignment. Right now computers is a very fun class because we get to do a lot of creative stuff on computers. This makes the class easier to engage in than some other classes. I think that there are a few ways that our school can improve on things that I think need to be changed. 

                     I personally think that students should have a little bit longer lunch break. During lunch it should be a social event not a scarf your food down your throat in two minutes get back to class sort of deal. When students get school lunch here at the school it can take a while to get through the line which can eat up a good portion of our lunch break. Not only is lunch supposed to be fun, but it is also supposed to be a good break from school for a little to get out of the books and get outside to play. Another thing that I think our school could improve on is making learning more fun. Students engage in teacher's lessons longer when they are interesting or fun. I personally have a hard time listening when the lesson is something that isn't very interesting. I personally love school and want to learn as much as I can while having fun.

                     The one other thing that I think would be nice to have in school is more comfortable chairs. Students sit in chairs most of the school day. When we sit in these uncomfortable chairs we can get sore backs. This could easily be solved by buying either new chairs or cushions. School in a Perfect World would also consist of students who want to be at school. We are only in school for the beginning part of our lives. I wish that all students had the desire to come to school, learn, and participate. When people are at school simply because they have to they don't get anything out of it. You have to go to school until you are done with High School so you might as well make the most of it. Education is free for your first eighteen years of your life so make the most of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment